"Oushu" is a database and AI company founded by the team that originally created Apache HAWQ. HAWQ is a popular MPP database engine sitting on Hadoop HDFS.
HAWQ has been used by hundreds of top companies in the world, for example, NYSE, China Mobile and Jingdong.
Most Oushu team members are from silicon valley big data companies, such as Oracle, Teradata and EMC/Pivotal,
and most developers are Apache committers and PMC members.
The core product of the company is Oushu Database, which is powered by Apache HAWQ. It is highly scalable, ANSI-SQL compliant, and it provides interactive analysis capabilities for petabytes data.
"Oushu" is invested by "Sequoia China" and "Redpoint China".
Founder & CEO - Dr. Lei CHANG
Dr. Lei Chang is the CEO of Oushu Inc. Before he founded Oushu Inc, he is an engineering director at Pivotal (EMC), where he led the R&D of HAWQ. And before Pivotal, he is a senior research scientist in EMC. Main research area includes parallel database, data analytics and cloud computing. He has published widely on data management and data mining in refereed journals and conferences, and holds dozens of US patents. He obtained his PhD degree in database from Peking University. In 2017, He is listed in "The top 100 innovative business people in China" by Fast Company, a famous business magazine.
Core Competitive Advantages
- Technology ：Based on Apache HAWQ, Open and industry leading
- Product ：The fastest data warehouse engine in the world, supporting machine learning & AI
- Team ：Most team members are Apache Committers, coming from high-tech silicon valley companies
- Applications: used globally by finance, telecom, government customers
- Services: 7*24 support, training and certification